Morinville portable sign bylaws. Each city has its own bylaws regarding the use and placement of portable signs. Here is a quick summary of the portable sign bylaws of the city of Morinville.
General Sign Regulations include (but not limited to):
- No sign shall be erected, operated, used or maintained in such a way that its position, size, shape, colour, format or illumination obstructs the view of, or maybe confused with a traffic control device or other official sign, or otherwise pose a potential hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Where possible, signs shall not cover architectural details such as arches, sills, mouldings, cornices and transom windows.
- Wiring and conduits for electrified signs must be concealed from view.
- No part of a sign or sign structure may encroach onto or over an adjacent site, road or lane unless a registered agreement between landowners running with the land is obtained.
- Except as otherwise specified in this bylaw, the maximum area of any sign shall be 18.0 m² (193.8 sq. ft.).
The following are specifically prohibited:
- Digital signs as defined in this part and any signs that employ video display, motion picture, or an audible component.
- Third-party signs with the exception of billboards.
- Devices or signs that move or assume motion, including but not limited to flexible automatons, unless otherwise specifically permitted in this part.
- Signs that use chasing borders or movement of any kind unless otherwise specifically permitted in this part.
- Any sign that has ribbons, pennants, streamers, balloons, flags, spinners, or similar devices attached to it.
The sign regulations for Morinville is stated under Section 7 of the Land Use Bylaw. Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a detailed copy of the bylaw: Morinville Portable Sign Bylaws