Leduc portable sign bylaws. Each city has its own bylaws concerning the usage and placement of portable signs. Below is a quick summary on the sign regulations for Leduc.
General Sign Regulations include (but not limited to):
- No sign shall be of such size or design as to, in the opinion of the Development Officer, obstruct the vision of persons using roads abutting the parcel.
- The Development Officer may require the removal of any permanent sign which in his opinion is, or has become unsightly, or is in such a state of disrepair as to constitute a hazard.
- Quality, aesthetic appearance, finishing of sign and landscaping shall reflect the standard in the district to the satisfaction of the Development Officer.
- No trees or plant material shall be removed or damaged to prepare a site for a sign unless new trees are planted or landscaping is introduced to improve the site.
- Signs shall not contain statements, words or pictures that are undesirable, offensive or contrary to the amenities of the neighbourhood.
- All sign require a permit unless stated otherwise by the bylaw.
- When a sign cannot be clearly categorized as one of the sign types defined in this bylaw, the Development Officer shall determine the sign type and applicable controls.
The sign regulations of the city of Leduc is stated under Part IX of the Land Use Bylaw. Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a detailed copy of the bylaw: Leduc Portable Sign Bylaws